- 10 Things To Do When Launching A Site
- Using PHP to connect to SFTP
- Asynchronous Virtual Pageviews with Google Analytics
- 5 Advanced Text Editing Keyboard Shortcuts
- Get the headers of a HTTP request with PHP
- How-to: Create PDF preview images in PHP – Part 2
- How-to: Create PDF preview images in PHP
- Quick Code: Get the domain name in JS
- Things to think about when designing a logo
Quick Code: Get the domain name in JS
When your developing a site or online application that uses a lot of XML HTTP Requests (XHR) it’s generally a good idea to use a full URL when creating a request. If you then try to re-use your code across multiple sites and domains, you will find you get errors due to posting to a different domain than the current site.
var DOMAIN = 'http://'+document.domain+'/';
Then just use this variable with all your XHR calls.